Mixing of WONDER FISSURE
WONDER FISSURE is a powder that must be thoroughly mixed with clean water before use, in a ratio of 30 % of the overall weight (1.5 liters for each 5 kg package). Gradually add the powder to water, stirring all the time to obtain a smooth, lump-free mortar.
I. MIXING EQUIPMENT:
Mix WONDER FISSURE with water, one bag at a time, by hand or, preferably, with a mechanical mixer.
Prepare the following equipment:
- Container: A metal bucket or clean can of 10 - 20 liters capacity.
- Mixer: For example, a hand-mixer.
- Water measure: Beaker or measuring cylinder.
- Protection: Rubber gloves, safety glasses.
|Equipment for Mixing||Protectors while mixing|
II. MIXING METHOD:
Pour approximately 1.5 liter (0.4 U.S. gallon) of water into container. Add one bag of WONDER FISSURE gradually and mix well until it has a good fluidity.
When viscosity of the mixture of WONDER FISSURE and water is too high to pour into the hole, add a little water to get a good fluidity. Do not exceed 34% of water ratio (1.7 liter; 0.45 U.S. gallon per 5 kg; 11 lb. of WONDER FISSURE). The mixing time by hand-mixer is about 2 - 3 minutes. It is recommended that a mechanical mixer be used on large volume jobs. When mixing by hands, wear rubber gloves.
III. MIXING WATER:
- Use clean water that is not contaminated with oil, organic substances, etc.
- Use the proper temperature of water for each grade of WONDER FISSURE (refer to Table 1)
- Water at a temperature below 15°C (59°F) must be used when the average atmospheric temperature is more than 45°C for WONDER FISSURE CM - H.
- The cooler the water is, the longer WONDER FISSURE will remain fluid.
IV. STANDARD QUANTITY:
The quantity of WONDER FISSURE to be used for cracking differs with the hole spaces and diameters. In Table 2, the relation between the quantity of WONDER FISSURE used and the hole diameters is indicated for the hole of 1 m depth, where WONDER FISSURE is mixed at a water ratio of 30%.
Table 2 - Kg/m values for different hole sizes
|Hole Diameter||30 mm||36 mm||40 mm||46 mm||50 mm|
|WONDER FISSURE (Kg/m)||1.2||1.7||2.1||2.8||3.2|
|Hole Depth||One Meter|
|Note:||You may get 3% to 6% less due to field conditions.|
V. AUDIT CHECKLIST BEFORE MIXING
- Are people on the work site wearing safety glasses?
- What is rock/concrete temperature?
- What is water temperature?
- What is drill hole diameter?
- Have you calculated the extra water required if rock/concrete temperature is above 22°C?
- Are you going to cover the filled holes with a tarpaulin sheet?
- How much time does it take to fill the hole?