Filling of the holes with WONDER FISSURE
Immediately after mixing the WONDER FISSURE powder into proper slurry, pre-drilled holes need to be filled with the WONDER FISSURE paste. Please observe the following points while filling the pre-drilled holes with WONDER FISSURE:
- WONDER FISSURE should be poured into holes within 10 minutes after mixing with water. WONDER FISSURE may loose fluidity within 10 minutes of mixing and become difficult to pour. Once its fluidity is gone, it should not be diluted by re-mixing with water, as its strength is reduced. Longer mixing time will cause blowouts.
- WONDER FISSURE is best filled using a bucket with spout or funnel. For a horizontal hole use a grout pump. Drill horizontal holes with some slope to help in filling.
- WONDER FISSURE must be poured into every hole upto the brim.
- For a horizontal hole, the hole can be easily plugged with WONDER FISSURE as it reaches clay like consistency as it starts setting.
Use of polythene sack in hole:
- If there is water in the hole, place a thin polythene sack equal to the hole diameter into the hole, insert a wooden rod into the bag and then fill WONDER FISSURE into the sack. (See Fig. 1) WONDER FISSURE in the sack will displace the water in the hole. There is no change in the cracking strength by the use of this kind of sack.
- When there are many joints or large voids/holes in the material to be cracked or when WONDER FISSURE leaks from the hole, use the sack method.
- When a lot water of the WONDER FISSURE slurry is being absorbed into the material being cracked (for instance, a dry concrete), use the sack method or alternatively, spray water. However, in cold temperature, avoid pouring water as it may freeze in the hole.
- When the material to be cracked is immersed in water, use the sack method indicated in Fig. 1. Use a bucket or pump when filling the sack and then seal the sack from the top to avoid WONDER FISSURE dilution. If there is no flow of water around the mouth of the holes, WONDER FISSURE may be directly poured into the holes using the pump. This should gently displace the water in the hole.
- Tamping with mortar or sand is not required after filling WONDER FISSURE. It is also not necessary to put any restrictive cap. Just leave it as it is and wait until cracks initiate. Covering the filled hole with tarpaulin is desirable to avoid dilution of WONDER FISSURE from external water source until cracking starts.
- Spraying the surface with water, after the cracks initiate, tends to increase the width of cracks and speeds up the cracking process.
Figure 1 : Use of Polyethylene Sack in hole